Eric R. and Cherie J. Clark Scholarship for Married Students
Eric and Cherie Clark became engaged after their freshman year and got married after their sophomore year while they were attending WIU. This scholarship was created to assist the financial pressures for other married undergraduate students jointly attending WIU.
- Both Husband and Wife Enrolled full time at the Macomb Campus
- Financial need using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Both Students are employed part-time while enrolled (not necessarily on campus)
- First preference is to a married couple who have excelled academically, participated / contributed to WIU’s culture with participation in extracurricular activities, and are both working part-time.
- Second preference is to a married couple who meets the criteria and has the highest unmet financial need.
- Class Level – First preference given to students in their junior (3rd) or senior (4th) years
GPA – 3.0 GPA or higher for both students
- U.S. Citizen
- $5,000 per spouse
- Questions regarding eligibility? Contact:
- WIU Scholarship Office (Current Students)
- Supplemental Questions
- Clark Married
- 1. What is your spouse's WIU ID #?
- 2. Is your spouse currently employed?
- 3. For the 2018-19 school year, will your spouse also attend full-time at the Macomb campus?
- 4. Submit a short essay explaining why you and your spouse would be strong candidates for the Clark Scholarship for Married Students.
- 5. I understand that to be eligible for the Clark Scholarship for Married Students, my spouse must also complete an application through the WIU Scholarship Portal.