Susan D. & Timothy J. Adams Scholarship
The scholarship was established in 2001 by Sue and Tim Adams, both employed at the time with Administrative Information Management Systems (AIMS) at WIU. The Adams family wishes to reward students who further their love music throughout college, as music is an integral part of their family’s life.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage non-music majors to continue their interest in and affection for music by participating in a musical performance ensemble during their college career and hopefully after graduation.
- Non-music major
- Full-time enrollment in a degree-seeking program
- The recipient must have been registered for and actively participated in any of the musical performance ensembles in the School of Music (both fall/spring semesters)
- Recipient must maintain an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Financial need is a consideration
- Applicants must submit a one-page essay describing the role music plays in their life, and how music may be incorporated into their life after graduation