Jackie & Dave Thompson Scholarship
Retired WIU Vice President for Administrative Services Jackie Thompson and her husband Dave, a Macomb Northwestern Mutual Financial agent, have established a scholarship to benefit students coming to Western from the high schools they graduated from, VIT (Vermont/Ipava/Table Grove) and Macomb Senior High Schools.
- Applicants must document high school and/or community activities and service
- First preference given to incoming freshmen who reside in Vermont, Ipava, or Table Grove and graduated from VIT High School; are accepted with a minimum GPA 2.5 and ACT 22; and are enrolled at Western Illinois University.
- Second preference to transfer students who reside in Vermont, Ipava, or Table Grove; have a minimum transfer GPA 2.5; and are enrolled at WIU.
- Graduates of Macomb Senior High School will be considered if there are no applicants from Vermont, Ipava, or Table Grove.
- Financial need is a consideration.
- Questions regarding eligibility? Contact:
- WIU Scholarship Office (New Freshman)